Cool weather is upon us and I find myself with a moment, so what better to do than to make Zucchini Bread! This is my mum’s recipe and I hope you enjoy.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups sugar (2 cups white and 1/4 brown)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans.(or you can use mini loaf pans) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool. ADD INS: Sometimes to change things up I add a mix of the following ingredients. I usually don’t measure…just toss in what ever you like: blueberries, white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, sweet grated coconut, raspberries,and rhubarb are just a few ideas.